Re: [Amel] New Hydranet sails for BeBe - report

lior 555 <lior246@...>

Hi Bill

I would ba very thankfull if you could put pictures of the new Davits nad
write your thoughts about it.

Thanks a lot and regards
Lior

2013/7/15 Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@...>

**

Earlier I reported that we had ordered new Hydranet sails from a Turkish
sail manufacturer/loft.

The bottom line is that while testing our new sails yesterday, it appears
we have found at least 1 knot!

We are very happy with the Hydranet TriRadial construction. In fact, if a
sail can be described as pretty, these 3 new sails are down right
beautiful. Every panel is perfectly lasercut in Germany by Hayranet's
manufacturer, Dimension-Polyant. Each stitch is accurately and carefully
laid and all of the thread is Heminway Bartlett UV resistant thread.
Leather reinforcement is used at clews. Leech and foot lines of Kevlar and
a foam luft pad in Genoa.

In an earlier posting (message number 13568) I posted the contact
information of QSails.

QSails exports all over the world Turkey VAT free. They have all of the
correct measurements for BeBe (#387), an Amel Super Maramu. If you are
considering TriRadial Hydranet, or TryRadial Dacron, I must give QSails my
highest recommendation. Contact at http://www.qsails.com.

Hope this helps you as much as it has helped me.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey