Re: [Amel] rear holding tank clogged

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Hi Danny
Where is the pic? If you attached it nothing came through? Sounds like it
would be worth a good look.
Cheers
Colin
Island Pearl II - SM2K #332

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS
<simms@xtra.co.nz>wrote:

**

Hi all,
thought you might get a smile out of this photo. We were in the Carib 1500
in 2009 and the aft head holding tank outlet clogged with the result that
we had very smelly stuff running down our decks. We were reaching at 8 to 9
knots at the time and didn't want to lose time by heaving to so with a
harness and lifejacket in place I was lowered head first over the side to
push a flexible pipe up from the bottom of the outlet. My head was dunked
in the sea a few times but success and no time lost. Encouraged by that
success I then went up the mizzen mast in the bosuns chair to re run a lost
halyard.
Cheers
Danny SM299 Ocean Pearl