[Amel] Re: Bad odours coming from the A/C

Mike,

What size chlorine tablet and how often do you use them? I have thought about buying some chlorine tabs, but did not know the size needed.

We clean the bilge about every 6 weeks and before we leave the boat for longer than a few days. Pressure washing, then wet-vacuum dry, adding about 8" of fresh water with a mild chlorine bleach added...add the chlorine/water solution from the galley sink which has the added benefit of cleaning the galley drains.

Bill
BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Mike Johnson <mike.k.johnson@...> wrote:

Hi Martin,

Concur with Bill's comments but would also start my investigation in the bilge sump.  When leaving the boat for even a couple of days we take the precaution of flushing the systems through with fresh water and cleaning the bilge with fresh water leaving it half full with one Javel tablet dissolving.

Best wishes

Mike & Peta

Solitude
SM2K #461