[Amel] Re: Bad odours coming from the A/C

Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@...>

Mike,

What size chlorine tablet and how often do you use them? I have thought about buying some chlorine tabs, but did not know the size needed.

We clean the bilge about every 6 weeks and before we leave the boat for longer than a few days. Pressure washing, then wet-vacuum dry, adding about 8" of fresh water with a mild chlorine bleach added...add the chlorine/water solution from the galley sink which has the added benefit of cleaning the galley drains.

Bill
BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Mike Johnson <mike.k.johnson@...> wrote:

Hi Martin,

Concur with Bill's comments but would also start my investigation in the bilge sump.  When leaving the boat for even a couple of days we take the precaution of flushing the systems through with fresh water and cleaning the bilge with fresh water leaving it half full with one Javel tablet dissolving.

Best wishes

Mike & Peta

Solitude
SM2K #461

To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Wednesday, 7 August 2013, 9:01
Subject: [Amel] Re: Bad odours coming from the A/C

Martin,You probably need to add detail...for instance is the odor coming from the air coming out of the blower vent when you turn the A/C on, or from the area where the A/C is located? Have you checked the evaporator coil and surrounding area for mold/mildew? Are the condensation lines plumbed from the A/C pan drain to the bilge sump? Are they clear? Is it possible the odor is reversing from the bilge sump to the A/C drain pan through the drain hose.BillBeBe, SM2k, #387--- In mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com, "luvkante" <luvkante@> wrote:>> Hi everybody,> > Whenever we leave our boat for a couple of days, the A/C creates nasty odours. I assume, that this is because the cooling water hoses are not gas tight.> > The A/C smell in the owners cabin is the worst.> > Does anybody have experience in resolving this issue?> > Your support is highly appreciated.> > Martin> Amel 54 "Chiara"> #149>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.