Onan generator raw water pump impeller removal

Graham Boyd

I am having a night-mare time trying to change the raw water impeller
on my 6.5 KW Onan generator. The problem is there is no front access
to the pump due to the large gen-set bolted on to the kubota engine.
So far,round the corner pliars have proved useless and of course
there is absolutely no room to get a "puller" into the space between
the geny and the pump. Before I go to the trouble of removing the
pump from the engine, has anyone any suggestions or a source for
miniature pullers to get the impeller out?

Graham Boyd
SM140 Sula