Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan generator raw water pump impeller removal

john martin <symoondog@...>

Graham, I had the same proplem, I just bought a new pump and it was an easy job to replace the whole thing. Two bolts is all that holds it on. I now have a rebuilt pump ready to go. My way is a little more expensive, but it sure gives me piece of mind. If you insist on replacing just the impella you really have to take the whole pump off.
John "moondog" sm244
From: "Graham Boyd" <crwggb@yahoo.co.uk>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan generator raw water pump impeller removal
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:28:28 -0000

I am having a night-mare time trying to change the raw water impeller
on my 6.5 KW Onan generator. The problem is there is no front access
to the pump due to the large gen-set bolted on to the kubota engine.
So far,round the corner pliars have proved useless and of course
there is absolutely no room to get a "puller" into the space between
the geny and the pump. Before I go to the trouble of removing the
pump from the engine, has anyone any suggestions or a source for
miniature pullers to get the impeller out?

Graham Boyd
SM140 Sula