TECHNICAL INFO 1985 MARAMU 48' FURLING SYSTEMS

DENNIS STULLER <svcheechako@...>

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 1985 AMEL MARAMU 48' HULL#186
WHICH HAS PROBLEMS WITH THE MAIN FURLING SYSTEM.

APPARENTLY A BINDING BEARING AT THE TOP OF THE MAST
CAUSED THE MAIN DRIVE SHAFT TO TWIST OFF IN THE MAST.
AMEL ADVISES ME THAT THEY HAVE NEITHER PARTS NOR
TECHNICAL INFORMATION FOR MY BOAT AND ADVISED ME TO
TRY TO MANUFACTURE PARTS.

I AM HOPING THAT SOME OTHER OWNER OF A MARAMU OF MID
80S VINTAGE MIGHT SHARE THEIR TECHNICAL MANUALS AND
KNOWLEDGE. I WOULD HAPPILY PAY FOR ANY INFORMATION
WHICH WOULD ASSIST ME IN GETTING THIS BOAT SAILING.
THIS BOAT HAS ELECTRIC FURLING ON THE MAIN AND JIB AND
MANUAL FURLING ON THE MIZZEN.

I HAVE HAD MANY AMEL OWNERS BRAG TO ME ABOUT THEIR
LEVEL OF SATISFACTION WITH THEIR BOAT. HAS ANYONE ELSE
HAD THESE KINDS OF PROBLEMS.

THANKS, DENNIS AND KIKA STULLER S/Y DENALI

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail