Re: [Amel] B & G Hydra 2000 - Wind Speed stopped working?

Dennis woods

Had the same problem, paddle wheel stuck. Brought the unit down, striped and cleaned, put back up. Two years ago, no problems since. Can't remember what I did but it was quick and easy and involved mild soapy water.
Happy sails
Dennis
Il flauto magico smk 408
On 15 Aug 2013, at 00:20, "islandpearl2_sm2k332" <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:

We have Hydra 2000 system and our B&G Wind Speed has suddenly stopped working this week. Wind direction etc is reading fine but no speed suddenly on last outing. Our neighbour in the marina had reported that birds have recently taken a liking to perching on top of our mast instruments so this is possibly what caused the problem, however wind direction instrument is still fine and I can see the wind speed spinning correctly on the mast top. Any ideas before we go down the replacement route?
Colin & Lauren Streeter
Island Pearl II - SM2K #332
Brisbane, Australia