Re: [Amel] Outhaul Gearbox Failure

Sailorman <kimberlite@...>

Ian,

In a previous post today I suggested using the autoprop grease nipple
adapter and 5 mm nylon bolts.

No corrosion !!! also , once you have the gearbox disassembled you can see
where to mount the bolts. I mounted one low in the port side and the other
one high on the starboard.

Do not overfill otherwise you will blow the lips seals out of the gearbox.

Every 6 months I also remove the outhaul shaft and coat it with antiseize
lubricant.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite