Re: [Amel] Outhaul Gearbox Failure

Andrew & Kate Lamb

Ian

The bronze gear cost me 250 euros before tax and transport. I did not ask the cost of a replacement gearbox. I also had to buy some gear pulling tools and some O rings which made the repair possible. I can post the details of these if anyone is interested.

Andrew

On 17 Aug 2013, at 08:38, "Ian Shepherd" <sv_freespirit@yahoo.co.uk<mailto:sv_freespirit@yahoo.co.uk>> wrote:

Thanks Andrew. I am bracing myself for the cost, but it has got to be
better than using a piece of rope to shape the main! Well at least it
lasted 21,500 nms.

Regards

Ian Shepherd SM 414 (2003) Volos Greece

On 16/08/2013 17:30, Dr Andrew Lamb wrote:

I recently contacted Leroy-Somer to see if I could get any spare parts
directly there exact words were "Unfortunatly this SPECIAL unit was
supplied to a machine maker in high volume, we cannot offer low
volume, Please Identify the machine maker and refer to them" i.e I had
to go to Amel for this.

Andrew

Ronpische
SM2k 472