Re: [Amel] Re: Solar panels for Amel 54

Stefano Biffi

Hi and tks for the suggestion. Do you already have drawings for a SM installation. I'm looking also to have the airgen at the same location. Any suggestion closer to me today (italy)?

Stefano on board N'EVEREST
SM185 in Bocca di Magra

Il giorno 17/ago/2013, alle ore 11:41, "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> ha scritto:

Tony,

The best looking design that I have seen is made in Gocek, Turkey. It is a multi-functional solar arch. See the photo at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amelyachtowners/photos/album/1515064489/pic/2126077749/view?picmode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc

If you are in the Med, I suggest you get one in Turkey.

Also, Peter Forbes s/v Carango just had one of these installed and we are getting a version of it for BeBe (SM).

Hope this helps.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Gocek, Turkey

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Tony Robinson <tonywrobinson51@...> wrote:

Hi everyone.

Has anybody fitted solar panels to their Amel 54 ? I would welcome any thoughts/recommendations. I had two 50W panels on my last boat - an OVNI 435 - and I thought they were the best bit of kit on the boat. The batteries were kept topped up throughout the winter and with 4/5 amps being delivered for most of the day in summer they provided a useful supplement to the other means of charging i.e. the engine.

Tony Robinson - Catriona R Amel 54Â no.102

Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:44 PM
Subject: RE: [Amel] Battery Plan for Amel 54

Â
Hi Richard,

Mine is 009. And has a 12 battery/12V bank.

Do you have any suggestions regarding inverters, or smart control panels? I am learning from my cabin experience that there are many types.

Duncan

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Richard03801
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 1:55 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel] Battry Plan for Amel 54

Battery size for the later boats is size 31.

Regards
Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Aug 7, 2013, at 13:36, "wdhagemeyer" <wdhagemeyer@... <mailto:wdhagemeyer%40gmail.com> > wrote:

I would like any input on a new battery plan for the A54 I have just started a solar program for a cabin and I have been advised that 6 volt 200 ah Trojans are the way to go for this off grid mountain cabin. The vendor is telling me these are low maintenance and will withstand even -30F temps. It would seem that this might be a good choice for the boat as well? I do not recall the size of the 12V batteries. I searched for a file or link to other posts that would also cover all aspects of the boats electrical system. I would appreciate any suggestions.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.