Re: [Amel] Re: Solar panels for Amel 54

Stefano Biffi

Hi and tks for the suggestion. Do you already have drawings for a SM installation. I'm looking also to have the airgen at the same location. Any suggestion closer to me today (italy)?

Stefano on board N'EVEREST
SM185 in Bocca di Magra

Il giorno 17/ago/2013, alle ore 11:41, "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> ha scritto:

Tony,

If you are in the Med, I suggest you get one in Turkey.

Also, Peter Forbes s/v Carango just had one of these installed and we are getting a version of it for BeBe (SM).

Hope this helps.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Gocek, Turkey

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Tony Robinson <tonywrobinson51@...> wrote:

Hi everyone.

Has anybody fitted solar panels to their Amel 54 ? I would welcome any thoughts/recommendations. I had two 50W panels on my last boat - an OVNI 435 - and I thought they were the best bit of kit on the boat. The batteries were kept topped up throughout the winter and with 4/5 amps being delivered for most of the day in summer they provided a useful supplement to the other means of charging i.e. the engine.

Tony Robinson - Catriona R Amel 54Â no.102