Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sailor 12 volt supply

Ian Shepherd <g4ljf@...>

Hi John,

I agree with you, but the Sailors do have one advantage. I keep my printer
paper and envelopes in the same cupboard and the warmth does keep the paper
dry! I also have an Icom 30 Amp 24/12 convertor, but it's over the top
except when using the SSB and the fan is darned noisy.

Maybe something additional to the Sailors giving an output of around 10-15
amps would be useful. If I get around to fixing an entertainment centre in
the aft cabin, I may do that.

I hope that you are glad that the Hydra riddle that you have anguished over
for a while can be solved without buying the expensive B & G compass unit. I
have assumed that all Raytheon autopilot processors have a NMEA output, and
not just the 400G model. Maybe you could have a look at yours and let us
know?

Cheers to Anne also.

Ian