From: Alexandre Uster von Baar <uster@...>
To: Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...>
Cc: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Wednesday, 21 August 2013 2:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel] Turbo desapointment... Vetus - where to leverage to move engine?

Hello again Danny & Forum,

Sorry to bother you again.
So, I looked at the Vetus flexible coupler and noted some play, so I have to change it.
It doesn't look too complicated, just intimidating I guess for the first time.

Where did you take leverage from?
Which part on the engine did you use to push and which part of the rest did you use to leverage?

Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel] Turbo desapointment...
To: "Alexandre Uster von Baar" <mailto:uster%40rocketmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 6:21 AM

About two
hours and I did it by myself. Using the lever makes it
easy.RegardsDanny

From:
Alexandre Uster von Baar <mailto:uster%40rocketmail.com>
Date: Monday, August 19, 2013, 8:30 PM

Hi
Alexandre,that about covers it
except in my case two of the bolts securing the vetus were
damaged. It was not possible to withdraw them without
removing the casting from the C drive shaft so I cut the
heads
off with a hack saw and replaced them with bolts with
a nut at each end.That was three years ago and I have had
no
trouble since. If you do
replace the bolts do not use mild steel bolts, use
high
tensile bolts which will not stretch under
load.Kind
RegardsDannySM
299 Ocean PearlStill in
Fiji

From:
Alexandre Uster von Baar <mailto:uster%40rocketmail.com>