Subject: RE: [Amel] 220 Volt engine room fan not working - FIXED
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 5:44 PM

If memory serves me correctly, I believe the second
fan is a 12 volt jabsco

fan and runs off of the yanmar alternator.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: amelyachtowners@...

Date: Monday, August 19, 2013, 10:37 PM

_____

From: amelyachtowners@...

[mailto:amelyachtowners@...

<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> ]

On Behalf Of Sailorman

Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 10:51 PM

To: amelyachtowners@...

FIXED

Alexandre,

Does the 12 volt fan work when the propulsion engine is on?

Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 7:49 PM

To: amelyachtowners@...

FIXED

Hello Eric & Amel Forum

I found a little fuse that was defective!!!

So now the 220 Volt fan is working!

Next week will try again genset to see if with this fan

working it still

gets as hot in the engine compartment.

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Mon, 8/19/13, Sailorman <kimberlite@...

<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net>

<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net>

<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net> > wrote:

To: "'Alexandre Uster von Baar'" <uster@...

<mailto:uster%40rocketmail.com>

Date: Monday, August 19, 2013, 4:50 PM

I thought the 12 volt fan just ran of

the Yanmar.

You might check the continuity of wires or possibly there

is

a fuse.

Fair Winds

Eric

Date: Monday, August 19, 2013, 4:43 PM

Hi,

The 220 volt fan is on top of the 12 volt exhaust fan on

Kimberlite.

Kind of strange setup but it works.

When the genset is on the 220 volt fan blows the exhaust

through the 12 volt

fan.

When the engine is on the 12 volt fan sucks the air

through

the 220 volt

fan.

I believe there is a solenoid that operates the 220 volt

exhaust fan. You

might check that.

Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 5:05 PM

To: amelyachtowners@...

Hello Richard,

But the fan in the engine compartment is 220 Volt. I

thought

it was supposed

to start when the genset was on?

Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre

On Mon, 8/19/13, Richard03801 <richard03801@...

<mailto:richard03801%40yahoo.com>

<mailto:richard03801%40yahoo.com>

<mailto:richard03801%40yahoo.com>

<mailto:richard03801%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

To: "amelyachtowners@...

<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> "

<amelyachtowners@...

Date: Monday, August 19, 2013, 3:51 PM

Hi some of the Onan gen sets do NOT have a 12 volt

alternator so they don't run the fans. You either put a

resistor on a line to the fans from the 24 volt out put

from

the charger or an alternator on the gen set. When we

replaced the Onan with Bata Marine it came with a small

alternator that now charges the starting battery and runs

the fans. Good luck.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Aug 19, 2013, at 16:40, "Alex" <uster@...

<mailto:uster%40rocketmail.com>

<mailto:uster%40rocketmail.com>

<mailto:uster%40rocketmail.com>

<mailto:uster%40rocketmail.com> >

wrote:

Today, I am running the generator.

(Unplug show power), running 1 Air conditionning, both

battery chargers and doing some computer work.

After 2 hours, I noted the engine room got prety hot 48*C

/

118*F - so open the trap door in the cockpit. The

temperature is slowly decreasing.

Will such high temperature damage my dolphin chargers or

other electric equipments?

I noted my 220 volt fan was not working...

Has any one advices on these? Troubleshotting, etc.

Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre

SM2K #289 NIKIMAT

Seabrook, Texas, USA.

_____