From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Sailorman
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:34 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel] Chain too long to be regalvanized... Engine room fans.

You can buy a capacitor tester for about $15-

It should read within 10% of the stated capacity.

Fair Winds

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

Eric

_____

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 5:42 PM

What did you do with the spade anchor?

Fair Winds

Eric

From: mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com

Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 3:46 AM

Hello Alex, Why did you think it needed

regalvanising and why did they think you were wrong?

We had our 80 mtr chain hot dip galvanised in Spain about

four years ago and it is still perfect but only used for
2/3

months of the year. To do it they did not have a tank 81

metres deep so they made a number of hooks out of strong

wire and looped the chain so that was shorter than the
tank.

It was very hot when it came out!

Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM319, Licata