Vacuum gauge for Racor filter

marksharki

Hi All,
We have a Racor 500 filter with a small, oil filled vacuum gauge. I have found it difficult to read because of its location. I installed a "Fuel Fixers R2D2" Tee handle gauge. Now I can glance into the engine room and easily see if there is any filter restriction. Even if I do not look until the next day with the engine not running and cool, the R2D2 acts like a tell-tale and displays its highest relative vacuum reading untill manually reset.
I say relative vacuum because it basically reads green, yellow or red. Fine for our needs. I have no financial interest in this company...just a positive experience.
Fair Winds,
Mark and Joanna Hanna
Sharki # 49
S/V MARGUERITE