Re: [Amel] Autoprop recall --prop numbers

Sailorman <kimberlite@...>

The numbers are one ach blade.

If you deal with ab marine in the UA they are wonderful.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

Here was his note for the rebuild kit.

Dear Sir,

I see that you have the pricing for all of the parts. Yours would be the H6
TS system which shows a total of US$840.78. I will give you a 10% discount
and so it will be $756.70.

The 3 tool are ... Retaining Cap spanner @ $77.50 ... Tab Screw Spanner @
$97.00 ... Nut Spanner @ $188.50 = $363.00

If you like i can sell them to you and then "buy then back" when you are
back in the USA minus a "usage fee", say 10%. or you can keep them.

Everything is available to ship today or tomorrow.

Just need the ship to address and CC details.

Regards, Steve Armitage

AB Marine, Inc

747 Aquidneck Ave

Middletown, RI 02842

sales@...

401-847-7960

_____

#243) information.

Thank you so much every one on the forum!

Alexandre

On Wed, 8/21/13, Sailorman <kimberlite@...
<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net> > wrote:

Subject: [Amel] Autoprop recall --prop numbers
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 3:55 PM

Alexandre,

I also have a h6 prop it is number 5164.

If your prop is between number ap2902 and ap5299, it should
have been

recalled and rebuilt for free by autoprop.

From: amelyachtowners@...

[mailto:amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 2:42 PM

The prop rebuild is a time consuming project and is

best done on a workbench

with a vise.

I bought the parts from AB marine for about $900- they

rented me the tools

(cost $350- for 50 dollars-upon return of the tools) I
think

it will take

one person a day plus to do it.

The hardest part is to remove the ball bearing race as it
is

held in by

grease and the tolerances are very tight. It takes a lot of

time and solvent

to remove them.

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:44 AM

To: amelyachtowners@...

Subject: Re: [Amel] Re: Turbo desapointment...

Good morning Gary,

If the Marina was cleaner, I would dive myself, but it is
so

dirty...

Not much clean water in "Clear Lake", but I think

I should make an effort

and dive far in the bay.

The propeler was lubed last November. I don't know
about

the last time the

bearing or blade seals were changed.

I was planning on disassembling it in Nov before my trip,

may be I should do

it before.

I recently changed both Engine fuel filter and (single)

Racor fuel filter. I

don't think, but don't know if I have restriction.

I will check the valve.

I don't have suction gauge, any recommendation?

Manufacturer? I am not

familiar with that... Are they permanently mount?

Thanks for the compliment in cleaning the turbo... I wish I

could brag about

2800 rpm!!!

I will looked at the "Mouse Milk" you mentionned!

Thanks again for your email, let me know about these
suction

gauge...

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Wed, 8/21/13, amelliahona <no_reply@...
<mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com>

<mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com> > wrote:

Subject: [Amel] Re: Turbo desapointment...

To: amelyachtowners@...

Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 3:10 AM

Alexander:

A couple of thoughts:

Find some clear water, dive on your prop and visually and

tactilely verify for yourself that the prop is bristol

clean!. I hired a diver once to clean mine due to the nasty

water in the marina, and after he said it was clean, I

subsequently inspected it myself and found it was anything

but clean. I find that even minimal incrustation on the

prop takes me at least 30 minutes of scuba/snuba time to

clean properly. Heavier growth can easily consume an hour.

Use a putty knife and some 3M scotch bright or equivalent

get it completely smooth, including the hub area.

While you are down there verify that your prop bearings are

good. This requires a bit of a fine touch. Just slowly

rotate each blade, one at a time, manually and see if there

is any binding, gritty feeling, or roughness as they rotate

around. This obviously is easier done when hauled out but

can be done underwater. What you are looking (feeling) for

is any sign that the bearings in the blades are gone. They

should be silky smooth as they rotate and should certainly

move freely. On that note, when was the last time the prop

was lubed, when was the last time the bearings were

changed,

and when was the last time the blade seals where changed? A

prop blade with bad bearings can give strange vibrations

while powering.

I do not allow any pressure washing of my prop when hauled

as the high pressure can easily blow past the blade lip

seals and water contaminate the bearings. When you lube

your prop if you have water exit the vent hole then you

should consider disassembling the prop for bearing

inspection.

Are you absolutely certain that you don't have a fuel

filter (there are two) restriction or fuel line restriction

such as a bad fuel tank shut off valve? Verify that the

fuel tank shut off valve is properly rigged and fully open.

Have you put a suction gauge on your fuel filter to see if

the filter is restrictive to flow? Just a couple of cheap

and easy things to check.

Good work on cleaning and verifying the turbo spun freely.

There is a product called Mouse Milk (that you can get from

AircraftSpruce.com) that we use on the waste gate actuators

on aircraft engines to keep them limber. Cheap and easy.

Sincerely,

Gary Silver

This evaluation won't cost you much in time or money

and

--- In amelyachtowners@...

<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> ,

"Alex" <uster@...> wrote:

Last week, cleant exhaust elbow, heat exchanger and

turbo, I was able to make it spin using a compressed air

bottle. http://nikimat.com/volvo_tmd22_turbo.html

Had a diver scrubbing the prop, said it felt good.

At the dock reach 2500 rpm (did not try higher).

Saturday in the bay, could not exceed 2200 rpm... Very

desapointed.

I could feel some vibrations or wabbling. Any idea?

Could that be the prop not unfolding totally?

Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre

SM2K #289 NIKIMAT

Seabrook, Texas, USA

_____