Re: Engine room fans 220V Fan above Onan.

Bill
BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

John,

I want to thank you for pointing out the 2 mfd capacitor on the 220V exhaust fan. I had a feeling this exhaust fan was turning slower, so I check the cap and yes it was out of spec. I replaced it with the exact capacitor which is used on the Climma Fan Motor. I had some spares.

And yes, the fan is blowing better now.

Hope this helps anyone with a slowing exhaust fan.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Turkey, having the solar arch installed by Emek Marine

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Anne and John Hollamby " <annejohnholl@> wrote:

Hello Alexandre, The first company I went to could not do it, the second was a big commercial galvaniser used by manufacturers of all sizes of iron goods and so their hot dip tank must have been huge length and depthwise. If I was unable to find such a company I think that I would wait until I could or buy a new chain. I mentioned in several previous posts that we have bolted some zinc anodes on to the chain next to the anchor and this may be why the galvanising is long lasting.
I too would like to know where your photos of the engine room fans are located . I have found the fuse and also a 2 mfd capacitor beside it and wonder whether that capacitor is partly defective thus causing the fan to run slowly. Certainly my engine room gets very hot when both engines are running. I am procrastinating over replacing the capacitor as it is in a hard place to get at and am not sure that the fan is not running at it’s full speed.

Best wishes, Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM 319, Licata

Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 5:42 PM

What did you do with the spade anchor?

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com

Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 3:46 AM

Hello Alex, Why did you think it needed

regalvanising and why did they think you were wrong?

We had our 80 mtr chain hot dip galvanised in Spain about

four years ago and it is still perfect but only used for
2/3

months of the year. To do it they did not have a tank 81

metres deep so they made a number of hooks out of strong

wire and looped the chain so that was shorter than the
tank.

It was very hot when it came out!

Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM319, Licata