Subject: [Amel] Engine room fans 220V Fan above Onan.
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 8:19 AM

John,

I want to thank you for pointing out the 2 mfd capacitor on
the 220V exhaust fan. I had a feeling this exhaust fan was
turning slower, so I check the cap and yes it was out of
spec. I replaced it with the exact capacitor which is used
on the Climma Fan Motor. I had some spares.

And yes, the fan is blowing better now.

Photo at Photo Albums > Onan MDKVA - OR, link to it here:

Hope this helps anyone with a slowing exhaust fan.

Bill

BeBe, SM2k, #387

Turkey, having the solar arch installed by Emek Marine

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com,
"Anne and John Hollamby " <annejohnholl@...>
wrote:

> Hello Alexandre, The first company I went to could not
do it, the second was a big commercial galvaniser used by
manufacturers of all sizes of iron goods and so their hot
dip tank must have been huge length and depthwise. If I was
unable to find such a company I think that I would wait
until I could or buy a new chain. I mentioned in several
the chain next to the anchor and this may be why the
galvanising is long lasting.

> I too would like to know where your photos of the
engine room fans are located . I have found the fuse and
also a 2 mfd capacitor beside it and wonder whether that
capacitor is partly defective thus causing the fan to run
slowly. Certainly my engine room gets very hot when both
engines are running. I am procrastinating over replacing the
capacitor as it is in a hard place to get at and am not sure
that the fan is not running at it’s full speed.

> Best wishes, Anne and John,
Bali Hai, SM 319, Licata

regalvanized...

> Haven't done anything yet.

> I thought I could have it sandblasted, then do a cold
galvanized spay, then paint it.

<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net> wrote:

> Subject: RE: [Amel] Chain too long to be
regalvanized...

> To: mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com

> Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 5:42 PM

> What did you do with the spade anchor?

> Fair Winds

> Eric

> Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

> _____

> From: mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com

> [mailto:mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com]

> On Behalf Of Alexandre Uster von

> Baar

> Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:47 AM

> To: mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com

> Subject: Re: [Amel] Chain too long to be
regalvanized...

> Good morning Anne and John,

> One of my anchor (Spade) has a lot of rust and was
told

> twice it needs to be

> regalvanized, since the galvanizing company have a
minimum

> order/weight, I

> thought I would bring everything... The first company

> couldn't do the chain,

> becausethey didn't had the basket to
"centrifuge

> the chain. The second

> company had the basket, but as I mentionned too small.

> Alexandre

> On Tue, 8/20/13, Anne and John Hollamby
<mailto:annejohnholl%40gmail.com

> <mailto:annejohnholl%40gmail.com> > wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Amel] Chain too long to be
regalvanized...

> To: mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com

> <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>

> Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 3:46 AM

> Hello Alex, Why did you think it needed

> regalvanising and why did they think you were wrong?

> We had our 80 mtr chain hot dip galvanised in Spain
about

> four years ago and it is still perfect but only used
for

> 2/3

> months of the year. To do it they did not have a tank
81

> metres deep so they made a number of hooks out of
strong

> wire and looped the chain so that was shorter than the

> tank.

> It was very hot when it came out!

> Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM319, Licata

> From: Alex

> Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 10:25 PM

> To: mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com

> <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>

> Subject: [Amel] Chain too long to be regalvanized...

> Thought I would share my experience.

> So yesterday, spend the whole day removing my 2 anchors
and

> 2 chains, bringing my ski boat under, etc.

> The longest one at 90 meter (300 ft) which weight 200
kg /

> 450 LBS. So was prety physical...

> Early this morning arrived at K T Galvanizing (in
Katy,

> near

> Houston, so about 1.5 hours from the Marina) and they
told

> me my chain was too long for their equipment!!!

> But good news, they said I don't need to
regalvanized

> the chain.

> They said easily 10 more years.

> Alexandre

> SM2K #289 NIKIMAT

> Seabrook, Texas, USA

> _____

> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>

> .

> SPAMfighter has removed 1887 of my spam emails to
date.