Re: [Amel] Re: Volvo Penta TMD22 Low RPM

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Miles thanks for the up date smooth sailing.

Regards
Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Aug 28, 2013, at 21:47, "Miles Bidwell" <mbidwell@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I turns out that my problems are caused by an air leak. Today, the mechanic
ran the boat with the fuel lines directly into a can of fuel and it went
straight up to 2900 and then dropped back to 2800, as it had done in 1998
when it was new. A few weeks ago, I heard about someone who bought a used
Amel and could not get over 5 knots. His hull was clean but a marine garden
was growing under his wing. He cleaned it a fixed the problem. I
understand that anything is possible, but if Amel did put the wrong prop on
a boat, it is hard to imagine that they, or the owner going through the Amel
week long boot camp, would not have noticed. Amel runs these boats before
delivery so that things like the first oil change, etc., have all been done
before the owner gets the boat.

If any boat with the TMD22 will not get to 2800, something is wrong.

Good luck to all. Now, all I have to do is to find the source of the air
leak.

Miles (Ladybug, sm216) Newport, RI