Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Waterleak

amelforme

Hi Rudy,

I have SM #400 and had a similar experience. First, be absolutely sure it
is salt water. I say this because on my previous Super Maramu, I had a
small leak in the hose from the shower sump. The water tasted salty but it
was actually soap residue and other funky bilge residue. If it is salt, it
can come from three places, the portholes and hatches, the salt water feed
to the toilet, or the rudder stuffing box/shaft gland. The last is unlikely
and will be obvious by a salt water residue trail from the rudder shaft
forward. It's probably the salt water feed to the toilet. That's what it
was with my boat.

Good luck,

Joel F. Potter SM# 400, MARY BROWN