Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Waterleak

r.zurkirchen

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Joel F. Potter"
<jfpottercys@a...> wrote:
Hi Rudy,

I have SM #400 and had a similar experience. First, be absolutely
sure it
is salt water. I say this because on my previous Super Maramu, I
had a
small leak in the hose from the shower sump. The water tasted
salty but it
was actually soap residue and other funky bilge residue. If it is
salt, it
can come from three places, the portholes and hatches, the salt
water feed
to the toilet, or the rudder stuffing box/shaft gland. The last is
unlikely
and will be obvious by a salt water residue trail from the rudder
shaft
forward. It's probably the salt water feed to the toilet. That's
what it
was with my boat.

Good luck,

Joel F. Potter SM# 400, MARY BROWN

Hi Joel,
Thanks for the advise.
I have observed the leak while in port over one week, using shower
and toilet frequently, nothing happend. So I do believe that it
should not be from that side and moste probably from the rudder
shaft. Only one thing I take also in consideration is that, that I
have the feeling to have detected a small crack at the place were the
toiletoutlet is going trough the shell ( maybe only in the paint ).
Do you think, this may could be a possibility too, as this hole is
slightly above waterlevel when idel, but well in water when sailing
on bordside ?