BEATING TO WEATHER

jfolino901...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL. I RECENTLY RECEIVED AMEL
SM #347 & DELIVERED HER (SULAJON) FROM LAROCHELLE TO
LAGOS, PORTUGAL. ON JANUARY 17, 2002 WE WILL DEPART
LAGOS FOR THE CANARIES, THEN ONTO THE CARIBBEAN (BVI).
MY EXPERIENCE WAS BETTER THAN I EVER IMAGINED. AS I
HAD SAILED ON TWO SM'S I HAD PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS
ABOUT HER SAILING CAPABILITIES! HOWEVER, I WAS TRULY
IMPRESSED WITH HER DOWN WIND TRACKING AND LIGHT HELM, NOT
TO MENTION AMEL'S ATTENTION TO DETAIL. WHAT WAS A
SURPRISE WAS HER TENDANCY TO POUND IN A CHOP GOING TO
WEATHER. MY PLAN UPON MY RETURN IS TO BROAD REACH TO THE
CARIBBEAN. PLANS FREQUENTLY DON'T WORK OUT AS LAID OUT,
THEREFORE THE REASON FOR MY QUESTION. I AM THINKING OF
REMOVING NEARLY 700 POUNDS OF ANCHORS & CHAIN FROM THE
STEM AND STOWING SAME IN BURLAP BAGS BENEATH THE
GENSET WITH SUITABLE LASHINGS. COMMENTS,
SUGGESTIONS?<br>JOHN FOLINO