Re: [Amel] Fresh Water Tank Paint Repair

svcharisma

 Serge,

do I understand you correctly that you did not repair the finish,  you just removed all the loose chips?

Alan

s/v Charisma

Mango #62

--- In amelyachtowners@..., <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Had the same problem!

After much discussions and discovering that what was peeling was not paint but finish resin, I had all chips removed and, after a torought washing, with acetone and rinsing with chlorinated water, I filled the tank, let the water stand for a few days  and another pump out (using, in order to preserve my Flojet fresh water pump, for all these  pump outs and rinsing a powerful multi-usage and reversible 220 vac spare and emergency pump) the tank had no more chips or signs of mildew.

There is still a very slight plastic taste ( the tank is 28 year old) and i do a rinse-out every year, since I leave the boat for more than 6 months - tank filled...

Serge Mango #51

De : "svcharisma@..." <svcharisma@...>
À : amelyachtowners@...
Envoyé le : samedi 14 Septembre 2013 19h04
Objet : [Amel] Fresh Water Tank Paint Repair

In the process of power washing our water tanks, we found that the paint is chipping off in a number of areas.  Does anyone have experience with patching the chips?  I have no interest in recoating the whole tanks.

Charisma
Mango #62