Bow Thruster Lift Motor

Steve Leeds

I am currently sailing on SPIRIT GUIDE, a 2002 Super Maramu #348 (ex-
CHANCE), owed by Matthew and Lori Moore. We have just started
experiencing a problem with the drop and lift motor of the bow
thruster. The bow thruster won't go down by itself after operating
the cockpit switch unless we give the lift motor/electrical box a
sharp tap then it operates as usual. It also sticks in the down
position. We have checked all the wire terminals in the attached
control box and believe all the wires to be OK and the connections
good. The motor itself seems to require special tools to check the
brushes.

We suspect either the motor brushes or relay in the control box to
be the problem.

Has anyone else expirienced this type of problem?

Steve Leeds
Yacht MACCABEE
Sharki #121