Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster Lift Motor

Walter Lundstrom <WalterL@...>

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank [mailto:yachtmaccabee@...]
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:43 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster Lift Motor

I am currently sailing on SPIRIT GUIDE, a 2002 Super Maramu #348 (ex-
CHANCE), owed by Matthew and Lori Moore. We have just started experiencing
a problem with the drop and lift motor of the bow thruster. The bow
thruster won't go down by itself after operating the cockpit switch unless
we give the lift motor/electrical box a sharp tap then it operates as usual.
It also sticks in the down position. We have checked all the wire terminals
in the attached control box and believe all the wires to be OK and the
connections good. The motor itself seems to require special tools to check
the brushes.

We suspect either the motor brushes or relay in the control box to be the
problem.

Has anyone else expirienced this type of problem?

Steve Leeds
Yacht MACCABEE
Sharki #121

save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/A1TolB/TM