Re: [Amel] main prop seal removal

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Dave,

I do not know if it is the best, but I know it is not the worst.

  1. Drill a small "pilot hole" in the seal.
  2. Screw a 2 or 3" machine screw into the hole
  3. Use a claw hammer to remove the seal
Repeat for each seal

Press the new seals in place with the old wear bushing and a piece of pipe large enough to go over the prop shaft and long enough to use a mallet to drive the seals home.

Also, in the files section you will find this file: Shaft Bushing and Seals Replacement.pdf
It is in the folder titled, "C Drive & Propeller Shaft, Seals & Wear Bushing also..."

Hope this helps.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM, <drdavegoodman@...> wrote:

What is the best method to remove the old main prop seals on 1998 SM?