Re: [Amel] Toilet base on Supermaramu

john martin <symoondog@...>

Ian, I replaced both of my toilet bases with the new style base. As I recall, I could only get one of the new base holes to line up with the new base, so I drilled and tapped 2 new holes in the fiberglass floor. I think you will find it thick enough to hold the 2 other bolts. They have held very well through many miles of sailing. Buy 2 bases while you are at it, as it won't be long before the other one goes. John " MOON DOG"  SM248

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: ianjudyjenkins@...
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 15:33:15 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Toilet base on Supermaramu

Hi y'all,
                   Pen Azen is now 13 years old and the base of one of the toilets has developed a crack and is not long for this life. By the base, I mean the plastic part which is bolted to the floor by four bolts which thread into captive nuts under the floor.
  Jabsco tell me that they think the toilet is an old series 37010 for which they no longer make the spare parts. However, the new base, part no 37004-1000, will still fit the ceramic bowl.
 The problem I have is that  the bolt holes to fix the new base to the floor do not line up with the existing holes. There are only three bolts in the new base.

 Question.....how do you get access to the under side of the floor to fix a washer and nut to the bolts needed to attach the new base? my arm is not long enough or double jointed enough to get access through the base of the locker outboard of the toilet.
 I am hoping that when I release the present base from the floor I will find that Amel have always used a hole in the floor which is concealed by the base, and that I will be able to gain access that way.

Has anyone had this problem? any solution would be most welcome

Thanks,
 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Ragusa, Sicily