From: Dimitris Krassopoulos
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:02 PM
Subject: [Amel] Bamar Genoa Furling

I have the Amel 54 delivered new on May 2011 with the Bamar furler 2.02 for the genoa. I heard a strange noise and opened the front cover and I found out that there was a lot of brass particles which according to my knowledge means that the gear is starting to be damaged  by the forces of the genoa. After cleaning the gear I put new lithium grease and I contacted Amel. Amel has informed Bamar and after an exchange of e-mails they both decided that the furler is out of warranty and Amel offered to pay 50% of the freight to Bamar for assessment of the damage and repair with payment if it is possible.

I would like to know from other Amel 54 sailors if they have similar problems with the Bamar genoa furler as for me is unacceptable that Amel uses such a problematic furler. On my SM2000 I never had a problem with the Amel build genoa furler.

Regards
Dimitris
Alma Libre Too
Amel 54