Re: [Amel] dinghy for a 54

Peter Forbes

Jeff,

I'm so glad you did the deal on Hollis/Spirit - congratulations. I am enjoying Carango #035 54 very much having bought in May this year.

I have a rib which is fine but I'm getting rid of it as I plan to sail oceans and when deflated it will not fit in the lazarette so I went to the Southampton boat show and of all those on display I chose a Zodiac 2.8 (I think) with an inflatable floor and an inflatable keel bag under the floor (5 compartments to blow up) but my Amel 54 has an air inflation electric pump. I think it is the ideal solution ad it fits in lazarette for big passage Salinger.

I guess it depends what your plans are.

I also got a solar arch which includes some integral davits so we can hoist the dinghy (rib or inflatable) across the stern. The solar arch was designed and fitted by a brilliant organisation called Emek Marin in Goçek Turkey ( where I am at the moment).

I hope that helps. Good luck with Spirit.

Peter
Peter Forbes
Amel 54 #035

07836 209730

On 13 Oct 2013, at 19:48, <jmkraus@...> wrote:

I recently purchased Joel's 54, "Hollis." She is now "Spirit." I'm proceeding slowly with additions to Spirit, and one of the first additions will be an RIB. I've done some preliminary homework, and thought I'd see if any 54 owners had input regarding their choices of one, and their thoughts on what RIB was the best fit. I was interested in the AB Ventus, and wondered about fit. I will be back on Spirit in a week or so to measure the stern locker, but for now, I'll go with any input from other 54 owners.

Thanks in advance. Jeff Kraus