Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mastervolt Rules

minaxi53 <no_reply@...>

Tom,

Glad to hear from someone with an older SM, in many ways these are
differnet boats to the new ones. I do believe that Amel solved the
problem of the + 2 deg list to Port by moving the battery bank under
the pilot berth. How did you go about achieving this? wiring runs,
sealing the under berth locker, etc?
Are the 2v Mastervolts as good as they claim?

Where is Mallamok?

Regards
Bob-

-- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Neuland"
<thomas.neuland@t...> wrote:
Hi Bob,

My name is Tom Neuland, Owner of "MALLAMOK" SM#3 .

We had the batteries in the engine room, too.

First we doubled the capacity with 4 additional batteries behind
the
engine.
This was not so bad, but due to the different resistance of the
feeding
cables to block#1 and block#2 we had constant amps. Between them.

We installed the 2V trac-batteries from Mastervolt as well as a new
Mastervolt Charger (83Amps.)and now everything is fine.
We got 4 in the engine room and 4 under the pilots-bed, alongside
the
engine room.

The boat is level now and the big weights close to the center of
gravity.

So long

Tom