toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I agree with Bill about adapting the French site. I searched for it even before I searched for the yahoo owners group. Perhaps AMEL would be interested in facilitating the adaptation. When we owned a Nordhavn. PAI, the company that manufactured Nordhavn, participated in the forum so as to keep its finger in the pie.
" Bianca ", formerly Dikenec II
On Oct 15, 2013, at 8:48 AM, "Bill & Judy Rouse" <yahoogroups@...
I agree completely with everything you said
One other suggestion:
If someone fluent in French and "website savvy" will contact chris"at"forum-voiliers-amel.net. Chris is the Owner of the French Amel Owners Group
which has a proprietary website and a dedicated server.
My thinking is that it would be very easy for Cris to copy his current website and translate the
structure into English, then have two sites, one French and one English.
It could be possible to do this a number of other ways.
Also, Kent, you can search messages...really and the following is not a joke.
Yahoo did an extremely poor job of placing the search feature for messages.
I will try to explain:
If you have entered your name and password in the last 2 weeks go to step 4 below...if you have not entered your Yahoo name and password in 2 weeks:
- click on the your name near the top right and click on sign out. This will take you to the Yahoo homepage.
- Now click on Login and enter your name and password. This will take you to yet another Yahoo home page.
- Now go to http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/info
- Next take notice of the search box near the mid, upper left. It has two buttons to the right of the search box. Do Not Use Those Buttons!
- Enter a term in the search box like bow thruster and hit enter on your keyboard.
- VIOLA! You have successfully searched messages.
Sorry there is not alpha search for photos or photo albums...you can only sort by oldest or newest.