Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mastervolt Rules

minaxi53 <no_reply@...>

Thomas
Thanks for insight. Next time you are in the U.S, let me know so we
can chat.
Regards
Bob-
-- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Neuland"
<thomas.neuland@t...> wrote:
Hi Bob,

First of all the early models were certified as French merchant-
ships.
This implied that all batteries etc. had to be in the engine
compartment
sealed and separated away from all cabin areas.
Initially four 105Ah Batt. Were installed, but the capacity was
way too
small, although "Mallamok"s mainsheet winch is manual (which is
good).
So to get rid of the list of 2 deg to port, Amel installed the
Batt.
Underneath the berth, as it still is today.
We have the 2V Batt. For one season only, but they were performing
magnificently.
The boat is located at Port Toga, a municipal port of the city of
Bastia
in Corsica/France.
The wiring was discussed between a local electrician and Amel in La
Rochelle, Amel was very helpful indeed. (Imagine this, the boat is
made
in 1989 as SM#3) Try this with another yard.
Amel made many proposals and was very cooperative. We
had "Mallamok" in
their yard in Hyeres/Southern France and are fully pleased.
Should you need further info, please let me know, I am in the US
quiet
frequently.

So long, fair winds

Thomas Neuland