Re: [Amel] RE: Website Woes

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

I don't think that you can make search for info in a FB group. At least you can't search in a normal FB account

/Ann-Sofie
Sy Lady Annila. Sm 232

Skickat från min iPad

17 okt 2013 kl. 09:39 skrev yahoogroups@...:

I joined the French Amel Owners Group, and browsed their website.

It is a nice site, but there is no provision for maintaining a database of photos or files to share among the members.

I did like the categories he used for the forum, but in looking further in the site I found that some members post electrical messages in the engine forum, etc.

I take back my suggestion for a merger, but I am toying with a FaceBook Group page. It has Photos and Files which are shared...it has messages which are shared and I believe that you can get email notification of new messages. I also like the way the moderator can set up predetermined photo albums for members to add photos...as an example this will mean that all engine related photos would be in one album...

The downside to some people is that you will not be able to respond to a new posting via email and you will have to be a FaceBook user, but that may not be an issue.

Comments?

Bill

BeBe, #387