Re: [Amel] RE: Website Woes

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Lior,

I am looking at it and am not sure, but it may have everything that a FaceBook Group has.

I will look further. I will set up either a FaceBook Group, a Google+ Group, or both by December.

Bill
BeBe

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM, lior 555 <lior246@...> wrote:

Hi Bill

Another posibility is Google+. We could make a distribution group and use Picasaweb for the pictures.
Search option would not be a problem by Google :-)
With Google+ we could continue to send emails. I dont know Google+ and I dont know if there is a posibility to login only with read rights (not that someone will delete all massages...).

Regards
Lior

2013/10/17 <yahoogroups@...>

I joined the French Amel Owners Group, and browsed their website.

It is a nice site, but there is no provision for maintaining a database of photos or files to share among the members.

I did like the categories he used for the forum, but in looking further in the site I found that some members post electrical messages in the engine forum, etc.

I take back my suggestion for a merger, but I am toying with a FaceBook Group page. It has Photos and Files which are shared...it has messages which are shared and I believe that you can get email notification of new messages. I also like the way the moderator can set up predetermined photo albums for members to add photos...as an example this will mean that all engine related photos would be in one album...

The downside to some people is that you will not be able to respond to a new posting via email and you will have to be a FaceBook user, but that may not be an issue.

Comments?

Bill

BeBe, #387