Re: Website Woes

Jose_Luis Isasi

Hi Kent,

You can search messages in this group using the upper window. To the right of the Yahoo logo.

Please let me know why you cannot post messages. I can ask Yahoo, if you  have not done it yourself.

I agree that the tools that Yahoo provide are not perfect, but it is what we have so far. And it is for free.

You can find all the messages since the start of the group. Unfortunately, Yahoo does not provide a way now to export them.

I use some of my spare time to approve new members, filter messages, etc. But I cannot dedicate much more time.

I feel that we need some time to adapt to the changes. I also understand that some of you may need more, but all that I could have seen either has drawbacks or it is not for free. And I have to stand for everybody in the group.

You can count on me for the good of the group.

My best regards

JL

Group Moderator

---In amelyachtowners@..., <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi all,
First let me say that the group webpage is now useless to me for searching messages, or even posting a new topic.  I had to post this via regular email.  We've got to do something about this before all our info is lost completely.  I'm ready to fork out some money to hire someone (preferably someone who is a member and competent to guide us and make it work) to find another way to continue our "conversations" and be able to post pics and files...even to attach a pic to a message.

We've talked about this for a couple of months now, is anyone actually doing anything?  I am pretty computer illiterate, but I am willing to find someone who can do this for us.  Should I just forge ahead, or should we be more formal about it...take a vote or something?

I think everyone would be willing to pay a reasonable fee to participate, what's reasonable?  $10 per year? $25?  What about upfront investment...$25? $50?

I fear that a lot of our information has already disappeared into the ether.

Thanks,
Kent
SM243 Kristy
Brunswick, GA, USA