Re: [Amel] Santorin - Autohelm Control Unit

Herbert Lackner

hi jp,

did you replace an autohelm 300 or 100 course computer with the x30? did you replace also the ST7000 control unit?  what control unit do you use now?  does the new system work better than the old one - is the gyro-sensor helpful?

what kind of problems occured with the old autopilot?

thanks, herbert

santorin 120, kali mera

---In amelyachtowners@..., <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We cross the Antlantic last January with the original pilot.
In Martinique we install a new Raymarine X30 control and fluxgate and service the rotary drive with new gears.we than cross to Bermuda and Cheasapeak Bay.
So far all work fine.With the Amel setup those pilot don't work hard.

J-P Massicotte
Santorin #51, Vanille

Envoyé de mon iPhone