Re: [Amel] RE: mattress quality

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Why don't you get matresses made out of springs instead, stainless steel springs? They last longer and is more comfortable.

/Ann-Sofie
SY Lady Annila, SM232

Skickat från min iPad

25 okt 2013 kl. 17:01 skrev yachtakwaaba@...:

 Hi

In Australia we went to an upholstery supplier and made our matresses out of 3 layers of foam. with closed cell foam as the base,and memory foam as the top layer.

We also removed the Amel cotton base of the cushions and replaced with nylon open mesh fabric, thus allowing the mattress to breath,

We were advised to sit on washable bathtowels towels in the saloon in the tropics to reduce damage from sweat and suncream.

hope this helps

Cris and Mike S/v Akwaaba santorin sloop

---In amelyachtowners@..., <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

does anybody know what kind of foam (material, quality, strength) amel used for the mattress in the sm or santorin? we could not find such a soft foam material in the shop.

thanks, herbert
santorin 120, kali mera