Re: E: Re: [Amel] boomerang davits and longer passerelle/gangplank

Siviero Attilio <attilio.siviero@...>

Hi Herbert,

many people from Austria leave the boat in Nautec Marina in Monfalcone (email nautecmare@..., tel 0481 790416, address Via Consiglio d'Europa 36 34074 Monfalcone Go Italia), moderately priced (about 240€/month: I think that Sukosan is much more expensive, as all Croatia) and the director is from Vienna, Karl Keller (italian mobile 00 39 349 8872642).

I left Sisila there for 3 years and I made a lot of refitting: Monfalcone is the right place to do that, many qualified workers, workshops, everything for shipyards, etc.

Absolutely I am happy with my davits, the price should be updated, I think, and Mauro, the workshop that did them, should do it, but it was around 4000€ including assembly and fitting onto the boat.

Also, in Monfalcone I changed the sails and the rigging, saving a lot of money with the insurance as well. Details if you want.

Fair winds

Attilio & Maria Siviero
Amel Santorin#84 "Sisila"

Il giorno 26/ott/2013, alle ore 10:40, <herbert@...> <herbert@...> ha scritto:

thanks attilio, kali mera is in sukosan until april.  then we are looking for an effortable place to leave her until september, if possible reachable by car from vienna (so if you know a good and not too expensive place in italy...). are you satisfied with the davits - would you install them again - and what budget is needed :-)

fair winds

herbert
santorin #120, kali mera

---In amelyachtowners@..., <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Herbert,

I'll try to have the drawings from the workshop that made them. They should be in Autocad.

The workshop is in Monfalcone, near Trieste, NE Italy. They also fitted the davits.

More photos on my blog http://www.sailblogs.com/member/sisila/ http://www.sailblogs.com/member/sisila/ , part in English

Where are you based?

Attilio & Maria Siviero
Amel Santorin#84 "Sisila"

Il giorno 25/ott/2013, alle ore 12:32, herbert@... mailto:herbert@... ha scritto:

Hi Attilio and Maria,

do you have some more photos from your davits? Do you have construction plans? Are you satisfied with the solution?  We are thinking of equipping our santorin with davits, too.

thanks,

herbert

santorin #120, kali mera

---In amelyachtowners@... mailto:amelyachtowners@..., wrote:

Hi all,
finally here is (in Photos section, Album Sisila) what we didi to extend the passerella, due to increased dimensions of dinghies nowadays. I did not want to add steps to the original passerella, for the considerable amount of welding work to  be done, and also because we use the passerella as bath ladder, and it is heavy enough. So when we go back to the mooring, and we have the dinghy, we stay far enough from the pontoon and we put the dinghy on water, releasing the right boomerang davit, we install the passerella as usual, linked to the spectra rope coming from the  mizzen mast, and also linked to the right davit: this way the passerella is far more stable. Also, since sometimes the passerella has a gap from the pontoon, and it could be a problem for somebody, when this is the case we install a simple aluminum plate extension, hinged to the end of the passerella, with minimal modification to the passerella, a couple of metal eyes. If we can easily jump across the gap, we leave the extension in the lazarette. In case of bad weather and waves, to avoid night noises, we can lift the extension with a strop linked to the same davit.
This is a suggestion if somebody has the same problem we had with the passerella and boomerang davits.
Fair winds
Attilio&Maria Santorin #84 "Sisila"

---In amelyachtowners@... mailto:amelyachtowners@..., <amelyachtowners@... mailto:amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Attilio and Maria,
Yes I could send a pic after my next trip to Sicily but there is not much
point as it would look just like the original and you would have to count
the steps to know. However please let me know if you think it would help.

best wishes, Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM319