Re: [Amel] RE: Watertight, my foot!

karkauai

I'm still not clear how water got from the forward compartment to the salon. It should be water tight at the bulkhead.  The Espar diesel heater does have a connection between the forward an salon compartments, but that is well above the waterline and couldn't convey water to the salon under your scenario.  Does anyone have an explanation?
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Oct 26, 2013, at 6:08 PM, <gegcarter@...> wrote:

We know, now, about what to do with the bow thruster. Thanks. My point was more about the fact that seawater that should have been contained in a watertight compartment was not. This would have been a disaster to discover in an emergency. Ours is a SM2000