SM Onan Generator smoking badly

Graham Boyd

The Onan on my SM is smoking badly when under load. Before I remove the
injecters for cleaning and servicing, has anyone else had this problem
and are there any hidden snags or good to know techniques in the
removal process(the onan instruction book gives no guidance)? Did
cleaning the injecters stop the smoke? My geny has 1600 hours on it and
the injecters don't look as though they have been removed before. I
look forward your comments, as it's still cold in Scotland at this time
of year and I need the fan heaters to work without fumigating those
anchored down wind!

Graham Boyd