Amel Bimini vs Winter Cover

Mark Hayden

We are planning to order a new bimini for our Super Maramu 2000 from Amel.  We were presented with an option for a “winter cover” it apparently includes extra tubes as "is meant to shut the entire cockpit especially when you have bad weather conditions.”  Unfortunately, Amel could not provide any pictures and we’re having trouble understanding this.  We have 2 infants and so the ability to shut the cockpit is quite intriguing for us.

Does anyone else have an Amel “winter cover”?  Can you point me to pictures or post some?

Is a winter cover used in place of a bimini or is it additional piece that requires you have the standard Amel bimini.

Any help is appreciated.

fair winds,
Mark
SV Northfork