Re: [Amel] RE: Pickling watermaker

Patrick McAneny

Bill, Thanks for the info. I do not to use something caustic if I can help it. Is there any alternative, something not caustic ? I have to pickle it as it will be below freezing here soon and I need to pump the water out and winterize the plumbing including the membranes.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Thanks Much,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Pat

-----Original Message-----
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Thu, Nov 7, 2013 2:03 am
Subject: [Amel] RE: Pickling watermaker

Pat,

4 pound package for less than $20: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281001169092?lpid=82

There are a number of us that do not recommend using Sodium Metabisulfite because it is very caustic.

The last time I checked the Dessalator website I believe that they were recommending rinsing with fresh water unless you were going to be absent for 6 months.

Hope this helps.

Bill
BeBe

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote:

Richard, I' am not looking for a site to tell me how to pickle, but for a good source of chemicals to pickle. Someone not long ago mentioned somewhere that membranes and chemicals could be purchased at a reasonable price. Good to see you at the boat show. Pat
-----Original Message-----
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Tue, Nov 5, 2013 10:42 am
Subject: Re: [Amel] Pickling watermaker

Pat Google pickle water makers or Little wonder and you'll find how to pickle and winterize. 

Regards 
Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Nov 5, 2013, at 8:31, <sailw32@...> wrote:

I could not access the old messages on this new site format. I remember someone posted a good and reasonable source to buy chemicals to pickle the membranes, Could someone remind me of the name of source in the U.S. I too, as others have posted, would be willing to contribute towards the development of a better website for this group.
                                                                                     Thanks,
              ;                                                                Pat McAneny
                                                                          SM Shenanigans
                     &nbs p;                                                   Sassafras River, MD.

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.