Re: [Amel] RE: Engine room hatch bulge - Super Maramu

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

I have asked Emek Marine (Amel rep for sales and service in Turkey to design and make a reinforcement piece out of stainless that can be added to what we have.

When it is complete I will let you know...I believe it is something that Emek can mail (post) to anyone needing it.

Best,

Bill
BeBe, Sm2k, #387

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM, <derickgates@...> wrote:

 I have the same thing on the port side only.  The previous owner said that it had been referred to Amel, who said something to the effect of "it happens" and they did not have a cause, or a solution, short of replacing the engine room cover entirely.

Derick Gates

Brava, SM 400

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote:

Yes, we have the same. The bulge is not visible, but you can feel it. We have not changed the struts.
Don't know for how long we have hade it but a cuple of years and it has been worse.

/Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM 232

Skickat från min iPad

7 nov 2013 kl. 04:25 skrev jamiectelfer@...:

Bill,

Bamboozle has been developing the same problem bulge problem in our engine room hatch/cockpit floor over the last 12 months and interestingly we are SM hull number 388 so just one after Bebe.

We still have the original struts.  It was initially barely perceptible but it is now clearly visible (st side more so than pt).

I would also be interested to hear if anyone has dealt with this or has any bright ideas.

Jamie Telfer

Bamboozle SM 2k #388

Hauraki Gulf, NZ

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote:

Trevor,

Thanks for the reply.

I have one original strut and one replacement strut that I got from Amel...same...same.

Bill

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM, <seafeverofcuan@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

         Could it be the you changed the gas struts and the new ones are stronger than the originals?

I replaced mine last years and was surprised to find out just how powerful they are.

Best regards,

Trevor

Seafever SM 425

Ireland

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote:

I should have stated that the bulge is on the top of the engine room hatch cover. The faux teak is bulging up slightly.

Bill
BeBe

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM, <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Over the past year I have noticed a slight bulging in a small area of the fiberglass on both sides of the engine room hatch. The location of the bulge is at the point where the gas struts attach to the engine hatch cover.

As anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do about it.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey for the winter