Re: [Amel] Re: Dessalinator model D50 50 l/h

Derick Gates SM2K #400 Brava

Gary,

Thanks for the great explanation of a simple timed fresh water flush system for the Dessalator membranes.  In sending for the timer using your link, I note that it refers to a 24 Volt AC timer.  Can I safely assume that you meant to refer to a 24 Volt DC timer?  Here is the corresponding 24 Volt DC link that I found:

http://prostores1.carrierzone.com/servlet/super-feed_com/-strse-30/DT-dsh-06-fdsh--24-VOLT-DC/Detail

Same price, same functionality, I believe.

Derick Gates

Amel SM #400

s/v Brava

Currently on the hard at Bailey's Boatyard in Antigua

As of January 4th, 2013, Sapphire Beach Marina, St. Thomas USVI

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...> wrote:
>
>
> Gary,
> thank you for a fact oriented and short answer. I totally share your opinion regarding how to deal with the WM and was not aware of the Sodium meta-bisulfite. Have not used it and will probably not do it either. I am really interested in your automatic rinsing solution, could you please send some additional info regarding this, it will be most appreciated.
> I think I have solved the major question regarding the rinsing, in the Amel manual for this boat it says that the Dessalator unit should be tunred off but in the official info from Dessalator it says that it should be on but without pressure(the D50 has no automatic rinsing function). Doing the rinsing with the unit on gave a much better quality of the produced water than having it off. We now produce water with approx. 250 PTS level(using a Com 100) which I think is ok.
>
> Once again, thank you for a fast and very good answer!
>
> All the best from a cloudy but warm island of Brac, Croatia
>
> Jonas (Svanberg)
> S/Y Lady Annila
> SM # 232
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.