Re: [Amel] AIS

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Eric,
Usually I see the first the ship  that is with me in a collision track,
and I call the ship,
in all cases they see me but they NEVER realized that I am a sail boat under sail....
Perhaps you have right, 5 miles seam me a little low, but it is enough.
Jean Luc

26/11/2013 20:59, Sailorman a écrit :

John-Luc,

I can also see targets at over 100 miles sometimes with my class B unit. However I have spoken with many ships over the last few years and they only see ne at 5 miles more or less. My separate antenna is mounted on my mizzen.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite