Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bowthruster prop replacement

Krassopoulos Dimitris <dkra@...>

Hello to all,

I do not believe that you can remove easily the pin with scuba tanks. I had
a similar problem in Greece and the pin was badly bend and it was impossible
to be removed without taking out the bow with the Amel kit which I recommend
to all Amel sailors. It is not easy to be used but it is a safety device in
case you are in trouble. You need about 3 hour work to remove and reinstall
the bow but it works.

By the way I heard that the new Amel boat has double props in a tunnel that
is lowered in the water with a similar systems like the SM so this weak
point has got much better.

Regards

Dimitris
SM Alma Libre