Re: [Amel] Isolated or non Isolated DC to DC Convertor

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Captain Pillar,

On all of the Super Maramus I have seen, there are 3 of the Thrane & Thrane Sailor N420 24VDC to 12VDC converter/regulators. These are located inside the right door below the nav table.

One of these Sailor N420's is for 12V instruments (B&G Hydra or other), another for 12V VHF and the third for 12V accessories like the AM/FM Stereo and cigarette lighter. Each of these has a maximum rated output of 8 amps.

The IC M802 requires a maximum of 30 amps in Transmit...3 amps in Receive.

Your installation is not only wrong, it is likely dangerous.

Bill
BeBe

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Richard Piller <richard03801@...> wrote:

Hi Eric.
Sorry for the text I did this using a speakerphone dictating and it did not come out right.
On my factory supplied single side band there are several sailor 24 to 12 V inverters under the net station they power the SSB.  My Icom 8O2 is a 12 volt unit and it works perfectly using the Amel supplied Sailor units installation.
1998 SM 209 in Newport RI for sale.
Fair winds

Regards
Capt Richard Piller

On Nov 30, 2013, at 7:09, Richard03801 <richard03801@...> wrote:

Hi Eric. When your essay 209 Amelle supplied the boat with sailor 24 to 12 V inverters. They also supplied the boat with a single sideband I've change that to an 802 with no issues powering it from that same sailor converter. We have had no issues up-and-down the single side band and ham bands.
Fairwinds to all.
SM 209 for sale in Newport Rhode Island.
Richard Piller

On Nov 29, 2013, at 20:20, Sailorman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

I do not believe the 12 v sailor would supply sufficient amps for a SSB radio. I have a very hefty converter made by ICOM that Amel installed under the Nav station. This item is now discontinue. However there are a lot of high amp 24-12 volt electronic converters on the market.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite