Mast Step

gallivantbob <bobh@...>

I have noticed the rubber like pad under the base of my main mast has deteriorated. My 54 is hull #31, 2006. The rubber cushion originally extended about 1/2" out from the base of the mast. All the material that was exposed is now just dissolved away, maybe from the sun?
My concern is, has the material under the mast also been compromised? And is the any concern for the integrity of the footing?
It is interesting that the same material on the mizzen mast still looks like new.

Bob Hodgins
Gallivant
just launched in Grenada