Re: [Amel] Santorin, Suitable for singlehanding

Ian Park

As recent owners, our Santorin ketch is easier to sail than our previous 37' Jeanneau. I would sail it single handed easily. The ketch is useful in that the individual sails are slightly smaller and the mizzen seems a very useful short handed sail with the genoa. Storage and tankage are excellent as is build quality.

Ian SNOW 96 Ocean Hobo

On 9 Dec 2013, at 12:10, <pawleyd@...> wrote:

Hi, In regard to 46' Santorini. It has Bow thruster and balooner system, first impressions its a little too big for single handing. But the build quality of Amel is so tempting. With plenty of tankage, what do other owners think and would it make any difference if a sloop version.
Thanks for comments.
Waverider, Amel owner wannabe.