Re: [Amel] Amel design and engineering practices

David Pawley

I was somewhat perplexed by Bills comment,but I think I got it now, apologies to anybody offended.
Waverider

On 24 December 2013 20:05, Dimitris Krassopoulos <dkra@...> wrote:

I agree with you Bill, no changes as everything can go wrong if you not leave enough time to understand the ideas behind every installation.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas

Dimitris

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Bill & Judy Rouse
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2013 4:34 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Amel design and engineering practices

Waverider,

Two cents from me, and probably not worth much.

This Amel Owners Group is not like Cruisers Forum where you will experience vigorous debates from people that have read every book printed about sailing, but have not left their armchair in 10 years.

This group is comprised of owners of sailboats conceived and manufactured by a real visionary, Henri Amel. For the most part, members of this group respect Amel's designs and over the years we have learned that The Captain (Henri Amel) was correct 99% of the time. I do not believe any other builder can claim this feat.

I am telling you this with utmost respect of you. You will make yourself look foolish to the members of this group by blindly criticizing the Captain's design...and in most cases (99%), you will be wrong. Believe me, you are blind until you own an Amel...once you are an owner, a new universe of design and engineering will be experienced by you. There are many of us who have challenged one of the Captain's idea, and regretted it later when we begin to understand. I am in that group.

One word of advice when you get your Amel: Don't change anything for at least a year...and when looking for an Amel be wary of any Amel with extensive changes...you can only know why if you own an Amel. If you disagree with this, do not buy an Amel...you will be sorry.

I sincerely hope that you will join the rest of us as an owner of an Amel, because I believe you will be a frequent participant in our discussions...you will benefit and we will benefit from you.

If you want one of the best used Amels available, contact Joel Potter in Ft. Lauderdale.

I hope this helps you and really hope that I have not offended you.

Bill

BeBe, SM 387

Currently in Fethiye, Turkey

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Sailorman <kimberlite@...> wrote: